Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Breaking Down the Doors

Most business people would feel that people "breaking down the doors" in order to do business with you would be a good thing. Maybe that expression is not so popular after the events of this past weekend where two workers were killed by a charge of greedy consumers hoping to save $50 at their local Wal Mart - yes I called them greedy!
I personally hate Wal Mart - not because of the big corporate bully bad guy image it has acquired but if I am being totally honest everytime I have had the displeasure of entering one of their stores I simply hate being with the people - the people that work there and the people that shop there. I don't have the type of buy-cycle that forces me to shop at a place where price is everything and the others do - I am sort of a fish out of water the minute I walk in.
That is why I would never be among the throngs of Idiots that head out the day after Thanksgiving at 4:00am in order to secure a minor savings. I certainly would like to think that no decent sales person would be among that group either. Most rational people who understand their value and time would not wake up at an ungodly hour and spend extra time in a crowded store to save maybe $100 - it actually would amount to a net loss!
So now they are talking about law suits - who should be sued? Well obviously they are going to all proceed against Wal Mart. My alternative - collect the names of every person that was there that morning by looking at every transaction in the first 2 - 3 hours and prosecute them all! After all they were the greedy people responsible for this tragedy. It was their feet that trampled the workers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK! Got it! Preaching to the choir! I agree!

Now, where's my history lesson?

http://query.nytimes.com/mem/archive-free/pdf?_r=1&res=9D0DE7D81E3FE63BBC4D53DFB1668382669FDE

Anonymous said...

Amen.

And one more thing - wouldn't you rather be doted on like they do at Nordstrom's instead of ignored?

Wouldn't you rather see the best electronics like they have at the Apple store or the Sony store or at the exclusive Home Theater stores instead of the cheapest?

Wouldn't you rather have someone collect your purchases from you and personally check you out instead of waiting in line to pay? Again, waiting in line to pay? Who wants to do that?

Don't change Frank!