Monday, March 31, 2008

Untitled Tribute.

On my way into work this morning I heard the news that Dith Pran had died from pancreatic cancer yesterday. And although I know this makes his life part of very recent or modern history I decided that I had to blog in some fashion about his remarkable story.
I remember hearing about the mass graves, the extermination camps, the Khmer Rouge, Pol Pot and the killing fields as a kid and being shocked that things like this could go on for so long - but they did. Dith Pran helped many foreign journalists escape and then endured years of torture and starvation. Everyone thought he was dead but somehow he escaped and was able to inform the world of the many horrors that were going on in his native Cambodia. Rather than try and apply some lesson I would simply encourage you to google "dith pran" and after reading some details of his trials look at any obstacle you or your business might face and make a comparison!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice to know someone else is aware of this.
thanks